Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Flight to Vientiane, Lao PDR

Yesterday morning, I took my 6th trip to Vientiane, Laos for my consultancy services.
Laos is officially known as the Lao People's Democratic Republic.
It is a mountainous and landlocked country and one of the poorest nations in Southeast Asia.

This is my second flight to Vientiane by Air Asia.
I choose to fly by Air Asia as the direct flight takes only 2 hours 30 minutes.
It is the only airline that flies to Vientiane from Kuala Lumpur.
My employer had in the past always flew me by Thai Airways to Vientiane via Bangkok.
The flight from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok is about 2 hours 45 minutes, with a 5 hour transit time in Bangkok to Vientiane.
The flight to Vientiane from Bangkok takes about 1 hour 15 minutes.
All in, the journey from Kuala Lumpur to Vientiane by Thai Airways takes 9 hours, compared to Air Asia's 2 hours 30 minutes.
By the time I arrive in Vientiane by Thai Airways, its already 10 pm.
By Air Asia's 7.35 am flight, I can arrive in Vientiane by 9.10 am and I can go to the office after a rest and lunch.
The Thai Airways flight is also more costly.
Finally, I convinced my employer to fly me by Air Asia.
For me, transits in airports while waiting for the next connecting flight are always the most boring time.
I used to spent time drinking coffee from one cafe to the next, and toying with my computer.
Vientiane is a popular tourist and business destination for Malaysians.
The Air Asia flight I took yesterday was full.
I shall post some of the interesting places and food in Laos.

Landing in Vientiane
Wattay International Airport, Vientiane

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...